Matt Preston, Alice Zaslavsky and Lisa Leong new voices on ABC Melbourne
ABC Radio Melbourne has announced a new lineup for weekends next year.
From 6-8 am Saturdays, Melbourne will wake up with broadcaster, cook and writer Alice Zaslavsky.
“I’m so looking forward to easing Melburnians into their weekend like a first cuppa propped up in bed,” says Zaslavsky. “There’ll be inspiring guests, budget-friendly ideas for getting out and about, and an open invitation to be part of the conversation always.”
After Linda Mottram’s The Week at 8am, journalist and tv personality Matt Preston will bring listeners a great mix of music, art, food, and sport between 8:30 and noon. He will be joined by a roll call of experts to talk all things Melbourne – from ABC Sport reporter Catherine Murphy to health and science commentator Dr Vyom Sharma.
“I’ve been flirting with radio for the past three years and I freaking love it. The direct connection with the person you’re talking to at home makes it the original and ultimate social media,” the former Masterchef judge and food critic said.
Preston will have a “dream team” of regulars on the show including Alice Zaslavsky, Lisa Leong and Catherine Murphy, as well as the expert guests.
On Sundays, Lisa Leong (main picture), the host of This Working Life on RN and podcast, will present the 10am to noon shift, bringing the stories of the week with her trademark curiosity and creativity.
Lisa, who recently filled in on afternoons, says she is looking forward to creating a sense of belonging on the program. “It’s a place where you can settle in, trackies on and connect with each other through ideas, stories and song.” She will continue to present This Working Life on RN next year.
ABC Radio Melbourne Manager Dina Rosendorff says the station will offer even more for listeners in 2022. “We’ll be bringing depth, distinctiveness and a healthy dose of humour to listening across the weekend, connecting audiences with the best of Melbourne.”
The full 2022 ABC Radio Melbourne schedule will start Monday 10 January 2022 when Sammy J returns to breakfast and Virginia Trioli to mornings. The station’s lineup next year is:
- Breakfast with Sammy J (5.30am- 8am)
- AM with Sabra Lane (8.00am-8.30am)
- Mornings with Virginia Trioli (8.30am-11.00am)
- The Conversation Hour with Richelle Hunt (11.00am-12noon)
- The World Today with Eleanor Hall (12noon-12.30pm)
- Afternoons with Jacinta Parsons (12.30pm-3.30pm), Monday to Thursday
- The Friday Revue with Jacinta Parsons and Brian Nankervis, (12.30pm-3.30pm), Friday.
- Drive with Raf Epstein (3.30pm-6.30pm)
- PM with Linda Mottram (6.30pm-7.00pm)
- Evenings with David Astle (Monday-Thursday 7.00pm-10.00pm)
- Nightlife with Philip Clark and Indira Naidoo (10.00pm-2.00am)
- Overnights with Trevor Chappell and Rod Quinn (2.00am-5.30am)
- Weekends with Alice, Matt, and Lisa (Saturday 6.00am-12noon, Sunday 10.00am-12noon)
- Summer and Winter Grandstand
- Australia All Over with Ian ‘Macca’ McNamara (Sundays 6.00am – 10.00am)
ABC Grandstand will continue to cover the cricket and all the major football codes over summer.