Radio Today 30 Under 30 Awards: What you need to know!
It’s back! The Radio Today 30 Under 30 Awards return in 2021 to champion the next generation of young professionals working in the audio industry. The awards offer an opportunity to future leaders in the sector to showcase their achievements and propel their careers forward, on top of recognising their excellence and dedication to the medium.
Early Entries Open: Monday, July 12
Early Entries Close: Sunday, August 15 at 11.59pm AEST
Late Entries Open: Monday, August 16
Late Entries Close: Sunday, August 22 at 11.59pm AEST
Judging Period: Monday, August 23 to Sunday, September 5
Finalists Announced & Readers’ Choice Poll Opens: Wednesday, September 8
Readers’ Choice Poll Closes: Tuesday, September 14
Winners Revealed & Readers’ Choice Announced: Tuesday, September 21
If you have any questions about the awards or entry process, please contact support by email.
You must also fall into one of the below:
- An Australian citizen (working in Australia or overseas)
- Australian permanent resident (living and working in Australia)
- New Zealand citizen (living and working in Australia)
- Valid visa holder (living and working in Australia for an organisation based in Australia)
You must be under the age of 30 as of midnight on September 21 2021.
- The early deadline for entries is Sunday, August 15 2021 (11.59pm AEST). Late entries are accepted until Sunday, August 22 2021 (11.59pm AEST).
- The cost for early entry is $30 + GST each. The cost for late entries is $69 + GST each.
- You are eligible to enter if you have already appeared in a previous Radio Today 30 Under 30 list, as long as you meet the age criteria above.
- Entrants must provide a scanned copy of a photo ID, as well as a high res photo of themselves in order to submit an entry. All information supplied, excluding your ID, may be published on Radio Today and The Music Network.
- Entries for pairs or teams are not accepted. Each individual must create a separate entry.
- Only self-nominations are accepted.
- All required sections of the entry must be completed in order to be judged.
- All entries must be submitted via the Take 2 Media awards platform. Entries submitted via any other means or format will be disqualified; including email, post and in-person delivery.
- When you start your submission you will be asked to select a category, please select the option that best matches the area of the industry you mostly work in.
- You will be required to answer multiple questions with an allocated maximum word count.
- You may edit your entry after submitting, up until the entry deadline.
- Please make sure all your personal details are entered accurately, including contact details.
- Entry fees may be paid by credit card and paid online at the time of completing submissions.
- If your submission has not been paid at the close of entry it will not be included for judging.
- A merchant fee will be applied to entries paid by Visa, MasterCard and American Express. These fees will be added to your total and outlined in the payment summary.
- The awards will have a specially curated judging panel, usually formed by mixing peers with those elsewhere in the value chain, to make sure that the judgement is informed and considered from all relevant sides of the industry.
- Judges will be required to score each answer against specific criteria for each question.
- The scores will be collated, verified for any anomalies and then averaged out to determine the shortlist and winners.
- Judges are able to recuse themselves from particular entries if necessary, and the process is transparent and fair to all parties.