FIVEaa’s new 2023 weekday line-up
FIVEaa announced their weekday line-up for 2023 with Presenter Matthew Pantelis the new host of the Morning Program from January, taking over from Leon Byner.
Pantelis has been involved with FIVEaa for 26 years, including fifteen as News Director and most recently, spending two years hosting FIVEaa Evenings.
“I’m over the moon at being given the opportunity to present mornings on FIVEaa. It’s an honour to take the reins from the great Leon Byner who I’ve known for over a quarter of a century,” Pantelis said.
“My background as News Director has well prepared me for Morning radio, which explores the issues that are most important to people in Adelaide and gives them their chance to have their say.”
“I’ve loved working the Evenings shift and connecting with our listeners and I look forward to continuing to do this throughout 2023.”
With Pantelis moving to the morning slot, Leith Forrest will take the reins for FIVEaa in Evenings.
“I’ve been at FIVEaa for 22 years, which is literally half my life. All the great life events I’ve ever had, I’ve been working at FIVEaa, so it’s like a second home. I feel extremely lucky and honoured to be given the opportunity,” Forrest said.
“In those two decades, I’ve been fortunate to work with some amazing people from which I’ve been able to learn so much. One of the first shifts I ever worked was with the great Bob Francis so to take over the program he made so famous is a little surreal.”
“I want the show to continue to be what the people of Adelaide love on FIVEaa, local, topical and fun. I hope people continue to tune in for companionship, conversation, to catch up, or to help them get to sleep.”
Matthew Pantelis will be heard in Mornings and Leith Forrest on Evenings at FIVEaa and via the FIVEaa Player from Monday, 16 January 2023.
Full FIVEaa line-up:
- The Sports Wrap with Tom Rehn – 5.30am to 6.00am
- Breakfast with David Penberthy & Will Goodings – 6.00am to 9.00am
- Mornings with Matthew Pantelis – 9.00am to 12.00pm
- Nine News on FIVEaa – 12.00pm to 12.30pm
- Conversations with Cornesy – 12.30pm to 1.30pm
- Afternoons with Jade Robran – 1.30pm to 4.00pm
- The FIVEaa Sports Show with Rowey and Timmy G – 4.00pm to 7.00pm
- Early Evenings with Jon Blake – 7.00pm to 8.00pm
- Evenings with Leith Forrest – 8.00pm to 12.00am
- Overnights with Tony Moclair – 12.00am to 5.30am