Nikole Gunn

Camp stove accident lands Triple M’s James Lake in hospital

It’s been a dramatic start to the year for Triple M Melbourne’s Hot Breakfast news presenter James Lake.

He is recovering in hospital after a camping incident last week, where he suffered burns to his legs and hands after a camp stove accident and had to be airlifted to Melbourne’s Alfred Hospital.

The accident happened while James was volunteering his time leading a hike on a summer camp with Boys Brigade Victoria. The teenagers on the hike managed to get him to a nearby river as they waited for paramedics.

He will undergo a second surgery this week on his legs and hands, and hopes to be released from hospital by the weekend.

The Radio Today team wishes him a speedy recovery.

Comment Form

Your email address will not be published.

Post new comment
Recent comments (4)
Ange Anderson
15 Jan 2018 - 11:46 am

Get better soon James! Sounds horrific.

Carlie Bonavia
15 Jan 2018 - 4:50 pm

Oh no James!
Speedy recovery wishes

Anthony Laughton
17 Jan 2018 - 1:35 pm

You’ll be back behind the mic in no time mate! Best wishes for speedy recovery.

Anne B.
22 Jan 2018 - 6:37 pm

Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Speedy recovery James.