The National Radio Conference – The Full Program
We are now nine days away from the National Radio Conference on the Gold Coast and CRA has released the full program.
Joan Warner, Commercial Radio Australia chief executive officer said: “At this year’s conference, our morning sessions address industry-wide subject matter and will run across one stream to ensure all delegates are able to attend. Then in the afternoon there will be a series of more in-depth, area specific workshops.”
Behind the Desk:
- The latest addition to the program will see Southern Cross Austereo CEO, Grant Blackley interviewed one on one by Mediaweek’s James Manning. Grant will discuss the challenges faced by SCA and his decision to dive back into the media industry.
- Branded Content with Cummins&Partners Global CEO Sean Cummins.
- A Programmatic Panel featuring Nova Entertainment’s Cathy O’Connor, Peter Wiltshire from Nine Entertainment, Simon Ryan from Carat Aus & NZ, Mark Hollands of The Newspaper Works and Mike Tyquin from Adshel. They will discuss what programmatic really means, its place in the media landscape and where to from here and will be moderated by mUmbrella’s Alex Hayes.
- The 24/7 Radio Shift will feature Nova’s Ryan Fitzgerald , SCA’s Fifi Box , MRN;s Ben Fordham & Charli Robinson from SCA. With Sam Mac moderating the session The 24/7 Radio Shift and will look at the death of the three hour radio shift. How On-air talent now experience 24/7 exposure: they’ll talk about how they keep their private lives private and how they use social media to drive content.
- Thriving in an Earned, Owned and Paid World will feature Mindshare’s Clay Gill, Ian Perrin from Zenith Optimedia, Dan Robins from OMD, SCA’s Vijay Solanki and be moderated byformer managing editor of Ad News and now with MCN, Paul McIntyre. The panel will explore the concepts of earned, owned and paid media and its impact on, and place in relation to, traditional media.
- Heard something on your favourite radio station and want to share it? Phil Hayes-St Claire, CEO of AirShr will talk about AirShr, and showcase a new mobile service that lets drivers remember, share and buy anything from radio without touching their smartphones.
The National Radio Conference will be held at Jupiters on the Gold Coast on Friday, 9 October 2015 and will be attended by delegates from the 260 member stations of Commercial Radio Australia. The 27th annual Australian Commercial Radio Awards will follow on Saturday night at the Gold Coast Convention and Exhibition Centre.
Click to Enlarge: