Survey #1: Cairns
Cairns in the Tropical North of Queensland is the latest market to have an official survey, their first since 2003.
It see’s Grant Broadcasters 4CA and and recently launched Star 102.7 head to head with SCA’s HOT and SEA FM and ABC Radio Network brands. The survey from Xtra Research.
- HOT leads the 10 plus race with 27.1% of Station Listened to Most for the market.
- Star FM pulls-up in second spot with an 16.6% slice.
- SEA FM is third with 14.8%
- ABC Local is fourth with 14.3%
- triple j a 10.5.
- Anyone under 40 is owned by HOT FM and for over 40 is is STAR FM’s.
- HOT FM takes breakfast with Star FM second. It’s equal in Mornings for HOT and Star with 18.2%. It’s the shift where you also see 4CA’s John Mackenzie surface on the scoreboard with a healthy 14.2% just behind ABC Local with 14.4%.
- Arvos and Drive go HOT FM’s way and it is the ABC that again takes nights in a major regional market.
Click to Enlarge