SCA launches scholarship program for emerging female leaders
Pictured: Scholarship participant Abi Wallis
As part of International Women’s Day yesterday, Southern Cross Austereo (SCA) has announced a scholarship program for emerging female leaders.
SCA’s senior leadership team was invited to submit nominations for the scholarship program, with 11 successful candidates selected:
- Kim Norman, head of podcast sales, LiSTNR
- Patricia McNally, head of service management
- Rachel Simons, finance business partner – Sydney & technology
- Nicole Bishop, deputy head of legal affairs
- Abi Wallis, national head of strategy and insights
- Tanaya Treadwell, general manager of Bendigo
- Jennifer Hand, general manager of Wagga Wagga
- Georgi Oates, senior media manager
- Jennifer Goggin, head of content, LiSTNR Original Podcasts
- Jenna Manifold, head of studio for Brisbane
- Alison Longhurst, content director for Gold Coast
The program is in partnership with Women and Leadership Australia (WLA), which seeks to reach higher female representation in leadership positions. SCA said the initiative was part of its succession planning and building leadership capability through diversity.
The scholarship will involve a seven-month ‘Executive Ready’ leadership development program adapted by WLA from the Australian School of Applied Management. It is designed to stretch existing leaders and propel them towards executive-level performance, behaviours and mindsets, SCA said. Next year, each participant will be offered a mentor on the senior leadership team to ensure their growth and development continues.
SCA CEO Grant Blackley said the organisation is dedicated to ensuring the continued support, development and advancement of its female leaders.
“We had a number of outstanding nominations however we are confident in our selection and feel our successful applicants demonstrate a commitment to SCA’s future success and have a desire to make a positive leadership impact across the broader business,” he added.
“Given our ongoing commitment to reinvesting in our people through Learning and Development – we are looking forward to rolling out a range of other learning opportunities over the coming months, including SCA Mentoring, a refreshed sales training offering, executive masterclasses and more.”