SCA: “Strengthened its position as the unrivalled digital leader”
Southern Cross Austereo, on the digital rankings front at least is increasing in leaps and bounds year on year.
The latest wrap for August is out from SCA Engage. It sees the group take out position 14 on the Top Australian publishers for the month for the first time. This time last year they were ranked 19th.
Sourced from the official Nielsen Online Ratings – Market Intelligence and Hybrid, August 2014. Sliced and diced, here’s a quick summary of some key findings from the SCAengage team. You can view the latest full Slideshare presentation below.
- SCA Network average daily online traffic increased 97% year-on-year – ranking as the 14th biggest ‘tagged’ publisher for the first time ever and up from 19th this time last year.
- SCA is the #1 online commercial radio group in Australia with huge scale, engaging with an online audience triple that of its closest competitor in terms of average daily unique browsers – an impressive gap that has widened by 61% in August alone!
- SCA Network is the 7th biggest daily ‘tagged’ digital publisher on mobile in Australia, up from 13th this time last year.
- 2Day FM is the #1 radio station online with 63,554 Australian average daily unique browsers – double its daily traffic of this time last year.
- The Today Network and the Triple M Network are the #1 and #2 online multi-category entertainment brands on mobile (excl. tablets).
- SCA is Australia’s most mobile-optimised online publisher, attracting – for the first time ever – over 76% of its daily traffic on mobile devices alone (excl. tablets).
Southern Cross Austereo Director of Digital and Innovation Clive Dickens said: “The dominant Today and Triple M digital brands have once again exceeded our growth estimates with a strategic focus on social, smartphones, showbiz and sport. Our amazing teams are working on new products and launches which will collectively contribute to even further growth over the coming months.”