Senior 2GB staffer tests positive to coronavirus after drive-by test
Natalie Peters, news director at 2GB Sydney, has tested positive for COVID-19.
Talking to Ray Hadley on his morning show on Thursday, Peters said her symptoms began when she started “feeling really cold” and “waking up with hot sweats and fever”.
“I’m not showing any symptoms, I don’t have to self-isolate, although, just for the record I’m choosing to this week,” said Peters.
“Just because the virus doesn’t know if it’s 10pm or midnight.
“My biggest fear is not me getting sick, it’s my parents, and other people like them getting sick.
“So I’m staying put ‘til I get advice that I’m fine. It feels like the responsible thing to do.”
The news boss returned from an overseas trip on March 15, and luckily, had been in isolation since – the same day that a 14-day isolation rule was imposed on travellers.
Last Friday the newsreader’s GP ordered a drive-by test, returning positive on Tuesday.
In a post on his Facebook page on Tuesday (March 24), the GOLD104.3 Melbourne and WSFM Sydney head of music confirmed the virus can “hit hard”.
“I have tested positive to #coronavirus and am now in quarantine at home,” he wrote. “It hit me fast and can hit hard, so please do everything the experts are asking.