Internship with Deutsche Welle
Deutsche Welle, the massive German international broadcaster has partnered with the CBAA to award paid internships to radio and online journalists.
Community broadcasters can apply for a chance be selected for a three-month internship in Bonn, Germany. Successful applicants will work in the Deutsche Welle multimedia newsroom, gaining experience in a multinational work environment, exposure to international stories, on-the-job training in the latest journalism software and references from a highly respected international broadcaster. As well as being great professional experience, internships can lead to longer contract or freelance work at Deutsche Welle.
The internship includes 1 return airfare from Australia to Germany, a monthly payment of 1,430 Euros and assistance with paperwork and finding accommodation if needed.
To be eligible, you must have:
- A University degree in a relevant area of study
- English as your first language
- Conversation-level German speaking skills
You must also be connected with a community radio station that is a member of the CBAA.
- Commitment to community broadcasting
- Experience working in a newsroom with a high content turnover and time pressure
- Experience in print and/or online newswriting
- Experience using social media for journalistic purposes
- Solid understanding of international media and how to cover stories for a global audience
- A good technical foundation for learning to use browser-based journalism tools and content management systems
- Ability and willingness to work night shifts
- Ability to work in a team
- Creativity and initiative
Applications are open now and will close on 15 April 2016. Fill in the online form to apply if you meet the criteria.