Entries open for the 2022 CBAA Community Radio Awards
The Community Broadcasting Association of Australia (CBAA) is launching the 2022 CBAA Community Radio Awards—celebrating the sector’s innovation, perseverance, and community champions.
Across more than 30 categories, community radio stations are invited to celebrate the people, programs and initiatives that make their stations great.
Jon Bisset, CBAA’s CEO, said, “The last twelve months have shown the strength and value of community radio – you have been a trusted local voice in times of need. You’ve connected community through isolation and natural disaster. You’ve strengthened your communities’ resilience. And you’ve comforted – with excellent programming and innovative events.”
“We want to know about the people, initiatives and programs that have dug deep these past twelve months and exemplified community broadcasting excellence.”
The 2022 CBAA Community Radio Awards celebrate station’s milestones in over 30 categories.
Whether a station or team has supported the community through COVID-19 restrictions or reengaged them afterwards, CBAA wants to know about the things that made them the trusted voice of the community.
Entries are open now until 13 June.
Entries must focus on activity undertaken between 1 May 2021 and 30 April 2022.
AWARDS FOR STATIONS:
· Excellence in Indigenous Engagement
· Best Station Production
· Best Station Fundraising Campaign: Small Station
· Best Station Fundraising Campaign
· Excellence in Community Engagement
· Excellence in Ethnic and Multicultural Engagement
· Excellence in Outside Broadcasting
· Best Special Event Broadcast
· Outstanding Small Station Award
· Tony Staley Award
AWARDS FOR RADIO PROGRAMS & INITIATIVES:
· Best Radio Program – Music
· Best Radio Program – Talks
· Excellence in Innovative Programming and Content
· Best New Radio Program
· Contribution to Australian Music – Radio Program
· Contribution to Australian Music – Initiative
· Excellence in Indigenous Broadcasting
· Excellence in Ethnic & Multicultural Broadcasting
· Troy Garner Excellence in Sports Programming
· Excellence in News & Current Affairs Programming
· Excellence in Creative Audio
· Excellence in Digital Media
· Best Online Content
· Excellence in Training
AWARDS FOR INDIVIDUALS OR TEAMS:
· Excellence in Music Presenting
· Excellence in Journalism
· Excellence in Technical Services
· Excellence in Technical Innovation
· Outstanding Volunteer Contribution
· Outstanding Youth Contribution
· Station Leadership Award
· Michael Law Award