Everyone’s a winner…as usual!
As usual everyone's a winner, see the various media releases here.
NOVA 969’s Fitzy & Wippa continue to increase their breakfast audience taking their breakfast share to 6.7%. NOVA 969 also continued its strong upward trend delivering its third consecutive increase jumping 0.4 to 6.8%.
Some key highlights for NOVA 969’s Survey 3 result:
• Fitzy & Wippa rise 1.2 share points for the key under 40 audience (13.7%)
• NOVA 969 rise 1.4 share points for the key under 40 audience (14.2%)
• NOVA 969 workday listening increases a whopping 4.0 share points in the key 25-39 audience (12.1%)
Triple M Is Rocking All Round Jumping To #2 FM Station In Melbourne
With Nielsen’s third radio ratings for 2012 released today …
· Triple M has recorded a fantastic overall share of 7.7 points – its highest share in five years!
· Triple M is the number 1 in share for all people 25 – 54 yo
· Breakfast with Eddie McGuire, Mick Molloy & Luke Darcy recorded a strong Triple M Breakfast share jumping to 8.2 points – up from 7.7 points last survey.
· Breakfast with Eddie McGuire, Mick Molloy & Luke Darcy also increased their listeners by 60,000– highest number of listeners since survey #4, 2006
· Popular drive show The Rush Hour (4 – 6pm) with James Brayshaw and Billy Brownless recorded its highest ever share with 10 points
· Football dominates the under 54s yet again!
Triple M Content Director, Mike Fitzpatrick said, “ This result reflects the consistent effort of the Triple M team who have created a radio product which connects with their listeners”.
Melbourne is in for a massive year in football and you’ll get the best of it at 105.1 FM Triple M Melbourne
Catch up with the latest at www.triplem.com.au
THE FOX CONTINUES TO DOMINATE WITH THE MOST LISTENERS IN AUSTRALIA!
· #1 FM Breakfast with Matt & Jo – significant rise to 11.2 points – 131,000 more listeners than closest rival
· #1 FM – FOX FM stronghold for more than six years – 10.2 overall share
· #1 FM Drive, holding position on 12.9 points – Fifi & Jules plus Hamish & Andy clear leaders
· #1 All Stations CUME for 131 consecutive surveys (since modern survey data began in 1996)
· #1 FM Share station for 49 consecutive surveys
· #1 FM Breakfast Share for 38 consecutive surveys and #1 Breakfast Cume for 42 consecutive surveys (Survey #1 2007)
FOX FM continues to lead the way as a true powerhouse in Melbourne radio with long time FM breakfast leaders Matt Tilley & Jo Stanley continuing to attract listeners and the station firmly grasping number one overall and as the clear number one choice for under 40’s in Nielsen’s third radio ratings for 2012.
The drive shift with Fifi & Jules plus Hamish & Andy continues to be the first choice for Melbourne, so it is no surprise that FOX FM has been number one for more than six years.
FOX FM Content Director, Dave Cameron said, “The Fox continues to have the biggest shows in Melbourne at each end of the day. The combination of The Matt & Jo Show, Fifi & Jules and Hamish & Andy continues to be a powerhouse for The Fox, making it still the most listened to radio station in Australia based on a cume audience of 1.1 million.
The Matt & Jo Show led the FOX to another fantastic performance proving that Melburnians love to wake up to fun, light-hearted entertainment. This last survey period saw Matt & Jo broadcast live from Melbourne’s Crown Casino complex the morning after the Logies where they breathalysed all of the show’s celebrity guests and celebrated the surprising success of a show fan who was challenged to sneak into the Logies ceremony and record interviews with dozens of celebrities.
Fifi & Jules hosted Australia’s Shortest Singles Party featuring a performance by Anthony Callea and hosted interviews with superstar celebrity guests including Rihanna, Hugh Grant, One Direction, David Guetta, Emily Blunt, Jason Segal, Flo Rida and Zac Effron.
Larrikins Hamish & Andy put on their Sixth Annual Logies Spitroast party on the famous FOX Rooftop and did not disappoint with guest performers Flo Rida and The Temper Trap leaving everyone in the mood to party.