Community Radio’s Night Of Nights: 2014 Award Winners
Community broadcasters from across Australia gathered in Adelaide for the Community Broadcasting Association of Australia’s (CBAA) annual Awards Saturday night. The Awards are a celebration of community broadcasting excellence and recognise the achievement of community radio stations and its people across 23 categories.
“The staff and volunteers at stations around the country work tirelessly each and every day, and it is always an honour and a pleasure to recognise some of the outstanding achievements each year,” said CBAA General Manager Jon Bisset.
You can view the full list of winner below.
This year the Tony Staley Award for Excellence in Community Broadcasting went to The Wire, community radio’s national current affairs program.
The Michael Law Award for sustained and outstanding contributions to community broadcasting was given two deserving joint winners, Maureen O’Keefe and Nicky Page.
- Excellence in Community Participation: Community Outlook, 3MDR 97.1fm
- Outstanding Volunteer Contribution: Rebekah Lowe, 5THE FM
- Best Digital Media Initiative: Star Observer Digital, 2SER 107.3
- Excellence in Training: Inclusive Training Program, Harvey Community Radio 96.5fm
- Best New Radio Program – Talks: Brothers, CAAMA Radio
- Best New Radio Program – Music: Jump Up With Jesse, Harvey Community Radio 96.5fm
- Contribution to Australian Music: Brisbane Live Music Week, 4ZZZ
- Contribution to Indigenous Broadcasting: CAAMA Radio
- Excellence in Ethnic and Multicultural Broadcasting: Where Are You From?, 4EB
- Excellence in Music Programming: Soul Time, PBS 106.7FM
- Excellence in Spoken Word, News and Current Affairs Programming: Memories of Sarajevo – Radio Zid: Rock Under Siege, Bay FM 99.9
- Outstanding Youth Contribution: Audrey Flannery, Mitchell Community Radio
- Best Station Production: A Christmas Carol Promo, Bay FM 99.9
- Best Station Promotion, Sponsorship or Fundraising Campaign: TransMISSION, Fresh 92.7
- Troy Garner Excellence in Sports Programming: Pride Cup Round – Match of the Day, 3MDR 97.1fm
- Most Innovative Outside Broadcast or Special Event Broadcast: World AIDS Day Worldwide, JOY 94.9
- The Outstanding Small Station Award: 8CCC Community Radio
- Excellence in Technical / IT Services: Mark Farley, Ian Moore & Glen Donhardt, Three D Radio
- Tony Staley Award: The Wire
- Michael Law Award: Maureen O’Keefe and Nicky Page