ARN achieves record podcast downloads
ARN says today’s monthly Triton Podcast Ranker results further cement iHeart’s position as Australia’s leading podcast network.
iHeartPodcast Network Australia continues to perform strongly with a combined total of 5.6 million listeners.
In addition, the network has achieved its highest number of downloads since the Podcast Ranker began, with over 26.6 million monthly downloads in May (up 19% on last month).
The network also holds five of the top 10 podcasts in the country:
* #2 – Casefile (from Audioboom which is part of the iHeartPodcast Network) is closing the gap to the top spot with 942,128 monthly listeners and 2.3 million downloads
* #4 – Life Uncut with Brittany Hockley and Laura Byrne pulled in 471,122 listeners and 1.4 million downloads.
* #5 – The Kyle & Jackie O Show remains Australia’s #1 radio catch up podcast at #5 on the podcast ranker with 462,247 listeners
* #8 – Stuff You Should Know had 334,274 listeners and 2.8 million downloads, making it the most downloaded podcast in the top 100 this month.
* #10 – Morbid True Crime (Audioboom) with 250,295 listeners and 685,542 downloads
Also appearing in the top 25 are Audioboom’s No Such Thing as a Fish (#13), The Imperfects (#15) and She’s On The Money (#23). Hosted by millennial money expert Victoria Devine, She’s On the Money is the #1 finance podcast and was recently expanded into a radio show on KIIS Saturdays as part of ARN’s Podcast to Broadcast strategy.
ARN’s Head of Digital Audio Corey Layton says the results are exceptional, with audiences consuming more of its content than ever.
“We are continuing to invest in a diverse range of content, with several exciting additions to announce in the coming weeks. Our ever-growing slate, and leading position in the genres that count, make us the perfect choice for listeners and advertisers alike.”
Overall, ARN’s iHeartPodcast Network represents 47 of Australia’s top 150 most popular podcasts.