ABC rebrands 44 regional stations
ABC Radio has begun a rollout of branding updates for its 44 regional bureaux.
The branding will be seen on all broadcast platforms, social media, apps, websites and third-party platforms.
It follows a rebrand of ABC’s Capital City stations from two years ago.
“Audiences are increasingly accessing content via digital platforms, and a consistent identity across broadcast, online and mobile will allow audience to identify us quickly, easily and intuitively on the device of their choice,” said a spokesperson for the ABC.
“As part of this week’s roll out, ten regional stations are dropping call signs from their names and two station are undergoing a significant name change to better identify their local region.”
No programming will change as a part of the rebranding.
The following stations will rebrand:
- 1233 ABC Newcastle > ABC Newcastle
- 97.3 ABC Illawarra > ABC Illawarra
- ABC Western Victoria > ABC Wimmera
- 107.9 ABC Ballarat > ABC Ballarat
- 91.7 ABC Gold Coast > ABC Gold Coast
- 90.3 ABC Sunshine Coast > ABC Sunshine Coast
- 1062 ABC Riverland > ABC Riverland
- 639 ABC North & West SA > ABC North & West
- 1485 ABC Eyre Peninsula and West Coast > ABC Eyre Peninsula
- 999 ABC Broken Hill > ABC Broken Hill
- ABC North West WA > ABC Pilbara