A Current Affair’s interview with Kyle
Last night on ACA, Tracy Grimshaw interviewed Kyle Sandilands.
In the 13 minute chat she talked about the censors and how they work during the 2Day FM breakfast show. Tracy asked whether Kyle understood why he needs to be monitored, he replied by saying:
"I get why they put the monitors in place, but I don't think it's required."
He admitted he doesn't cop criticism well and that he can be a bastard who holds grudges.
"I’ve read that I’m a misogynist (that) I’m a women hater (that) I always attack women. It’s simply not true. I’ll say anything to anyone.
"People like to say ‘he’s a bully, let’s get him fired, let’s attack everyone that likes him’.
"I have no intentions of upsetting anybody but I might. I don’t want to see anybody break down and cry. I find that horrible. I never intend to hurt anyone’s feelings.”
Watch the full Tracy/Kyle interview here.
If you missed it last year, Radio Today's Scott Muller spoke to Kyle in a very raw interview.
Kyle told all about his radio career – and didn't hold back. They spoke about :-
- his rise from regional stations to Sydney breakfast and stardom
- the fictional character his show is based on
- the controversies, and his thoughts on the press
- the on-air segment he thinks is a total train-wreck, but is too good to drop
- how to plan the show a week in advance, yet deliberately not know what's going on in the morning (and why that's a good thing for the listener)
- the circumstance of his last ever air-check with a Program Director
- the advice he'd give himself (and anyone else in radio still in their 20s) if he could go back in time
- and the industry legend he mistook for the paparazzi!
It starts here.