Who is the Greatest Programmer in Australia in 2012?
Brad March & Scott Muller outline who and why.
Think inside the box. Brilliant basics and exceptional execution.
For practical, actionable points you can apply today to increase audience, monitor this station and its shows, and adapt everything you can to your own.
Being a media professional means being a career-long professional student of standout programming content, exceptional execution, and strategy. There are some excellent radio stations, programmers, and talent across Australia and internationally.
This article is not about them.
When you’re in radio it’s hard not to be radio-obsessed. Yet there’s much to be learned from beyond radio – cinema, television, online, and digital – all provide great examples, innovations, and minds to learn from.
And when we look for lessons from other media in Australia, right now this one is the monster.
Here are 10 reasons why they’re the best in Australia.
1) It’s about The Audience. It’s never about them.
2) It’s about Attention to Detail.
3) It’s about Reset! Reset! Reset!
4) It’s about Recycling.
5) It’s about Truly Outstanding Creative.
6) It’s about Brilliant Talent.
7) It’s about Promoting the Hell Out of It.
8) It’s about Clear Character Definition – In An Instant!
9) It’s about Success Breeding Success.
10) It’s about The Long Term.
Monitor this station carefully, take action points, and – most importantly – actually do them. Your station will be noticeably better. Immediately. Your ratings will go up. No question.
|Brad March||Scott Muller|