“We Need A Hero”: Joan Warner Replies
Michael Tate wrote an opinion piece “We Need A Hero”, which we featured yesterday.
Michael has a 15 plus Sales career in Commercial Radio across multiple countries, and he gave his thoughts on the state of play with the industry from his perspective. “We Need a Hero” prompted not only a lot of traffic but also comments and emails.
Joan Warner, CEO of Commercial Radio Australia was one who also replied on behalf of the industry and its members.
This is Joan’s formal response:
Michael Tate appears somewhat confused and may have spent too much time in the United States where the radio industry is a very different proposition.
Australian commercial radio:
- Listening and revenue are at an all-time high
- GfK appointed after 66 years and introduced 20% online diary
- Regional survey standards introduced prompting insightful research for local communities
- Radio It’s a Love Thing Brand Campaign industry initiative stimulating new advertisers on radio
- DAB+ rollout in metro caps & continued drive for regional areas
- Advocacy on behalf of industry on critical copyright and regulatory issues
- Recognition of excellence and creativity with annual Australian Commercial Radio Awards and Siren Awards
From where we are standing our members are in a thriving and inventive industry that has adapted to the changing media landscape and is positioned for a strong future.
You can read Michael’s article in full here.