Vevo turns 1 and share their stats
It's been a year since Vevo launched in Australia (see the story from then here). Vevo is a joint venture between Sony and Universal and in Australia is in partnership with MCM Media.
Today they have released some figures that show they are competing with the big TV networks for viewing share in primetime.
The main stats for Vevo show :-
- they are Australia’s biggest premium online video network and the third biggest online video network behind YouTube and Facebook with over 51 million streams in March 
- Reach is now 23% bigger than the audience of all the catch-up TV properties combined. 
- 38% is viewed during primetime 
- Demos; 35% are 35+, 33% 18-24, 21% 25-34 and 9% 12-17
- 2.3m Australians  watched Vevo in February; on average consuming 15 videos and spending 60 minutes a month
- Ads shown are experiencing an average of 90% completion rates versus the industry average of 70% 
- More than 100 brands from the telecommunications, automotive, banking, government, entertainment and leisure, gaming, FMCG, technology and health sectors have run campaigns
- 44% of advertisers return for multiple campaigns
MCM Media CEO Simon Joyce says:
“If you don’t have an integrated ad strategy across multiple screens, you have a sub-optimal strategy. With TV now the least likely screen to capture undivided attention, agencies and advertisers should be embracing online video advertising.
VEVO’s premium online music videos are proving to be more effective at providing an emotionally intense experience for audiences which has led to more impactful advertising compared to both traditional and online television .”
Below is a list of the top music artists featured in the past 12 months.
 Nielsen NetView
 Nielsen NetRatings, Jan 2013 – Yahoo7, Channel 10, Channel 9 and SBS
 VEVO Analytics –6pm and 12am measured on VEVO.com and VEVO apps
 Nielsen VideoCensus Feb 2013 Unique Audience
 Adobe Digital video advertising report 2012
 VEVO/UM Neuro Insight Survey 2012