Tanya Hennessy features on Real Heidi, Real People, Real Stories podcast
Season 2 of Heidi Anderson’s “Real Heidi, Real People, Real Stories” podcast looks to get to know the REAL people behind their profiles whether they are on TV, radio or online. Episode two features the Hit Network’s Tanya Hennessy.
Most of you would know Tanya Hennessy from her funny videos on Facebook or if you’ve been following her radio journey, you’d know she’s lived in Canberra, Griffith & Toowoomba.
Yes, she is the funny girl on the radio and the internet where she has almost 1 million followers from around the world, but what a lot of you don’t know is that Tanya is super talented in many other areas of her life.
She joined me for a chat on my podcast “Real Heidi, Real People, Real Stories” and I realised that there were loads of things about Tanya that I didn’t even know and I’m her friend. So I decided to put together a list of ten things you might not know about her!
1. Tanya is a radio announcer. She has worked in radio since 2013, she just finished up doing breakfast radio at Canberra FM with Ryan Jon. Her next big move in radio for 2018 will be announced very soon. It was in 2013 that I met Tanya, I was on air as a breakfast announcer in Newcastle, her hometown when she came in for work experience. Tanya was desperate to get into radio so she was volunteering and helping answer phones for our show. I still remember like it was yesterday, her enthusiasm I’ll never forget. She then went on to work in radio in Griffith and Toowoomba before her big move to Canberra…
2. This girl can sing. Tanya has been singing for years and if you listen to the podcast, we both bust out some vocals from Les Miserables the musical whilst she plays the ukelele.
3. Tanya has a uni degree, a Bachelor of Communications (Theatre Media) from Charles Sturt University in Bathurst.
4. She is an actress, that also studied at NIDA.
5. Back in the day, Tanya was a stilt walker at Luna Park.
6. Tanya is also a writer, and hopes to write her own TV show. At the moment, every spare second she gets, she is writing!
7. Her boyfriend is 25 years old and Tanya is her early 30s, so she is classified as a “cougar”.
8. All of her videos she films and edits herself. On average a video will take about 45 minutes to film and edit.
9. In 2015 and 2016 Tanya was severely bullied online whilst doing her radio show in Canberra. It was the hardest time in her life, but she worked through it and today is an ambassador for RUOK day.
10. Like me, Tanya suffers from anxiety and puts enormous pressure on herself to succeed at whatever she does.
Yes, Tanya is known for her cracking one-liners and funny videos but she is also very intelligent, sensitive and works more than she sleeps. Since Tanya’s profile has grown she has suffered horrific online abuse, her anxiety has continued to rear its head and she overthinks everything… but that hasn’t stopped her, she still gets up every day and gives it her best shot and uses the negative comments to drive her success.