Survey #1: Darwin
Darwin, the Northern Territory’s capital is the latest market to have an official survey, their first in over ten years.
Family owned Grant Broadcasters HOT 100 and Mix 104.9 lead the charge in the survey from Xtra Research, which also included ABC Radio Network brands.
Grant Cameron, CEO of Grant Broadcasters Media Group said: “The introduction of the new survey system for regional areas has enabled us to undertake this research. We have now completed surveys in 5 markets and they have provided valuable information on the importance of regional radio listening.”
- HOT 100 leads the 10 plus race with 37.5 of Station Listened to Most for the market.
- MIX 104.9 FM pulls-up in second spot with an 18.2% slice.
- ABC Local is third with 17.6%
- triple j 9.4%
- Anyone under 40 is owned by HOT100 by a mile but it is in the 40-64 group that see’s the ABC edge ahead of MIX104.9 overall.
- 65 plus is also ABC Local’s.
- HOT100 takes all dayparts – with Hamish & Andy securing 41%, while the ABC takes nights.
Click to Enlarge