No more misheard song lyrics: Spotify rolls out Lyrics
Ever love a song but have no idea what they are saying?
Like in the Daft Punk and Pharell Williams song ‘Get Lucky,’ are they saying: “a robot Mexican, a robot Mexican?”
Or the forever contentious ‘Blinded by the light’ by Manfred Mann’s Earth Band. Is it “strapped up like a moose, another Ronda in the night?” Who is Ronda, and why is she up so late?
Well now you don’t have to go to google to find out.
Spotify has rolled out one of its most requested features – Lyrics. to all its global users.
The feature update is available to free and paying customers.
With access to the world’s lyrics while using Spotify, “listeners will now be able connect deeper to the music and artists they love.” Here’s how:
On the Spotify mobile app
- Tap on the “Now Playing View” on a song
- While listening, swipe up from the bottom of the screen
- You’ll see track lyrics that scroll in real time as the song is playing
- To share, simply tap the “Share” button at the bottom of the lyrics screen and then select the lyrics you want to share—and where you want to share it to via third party platforms
On the Spotify desktop app
- From the “Now Playing” bar, click on the microphone icon while a song is playing
- Voila! You’ll see track lyrics that scroll in real time while the song plays
On the SpotifyTV app
- Open the “Now Playing View” on a song
- Navigate to the right button corner to the “lyrics button” and select if you want to enable the lyric experience
- Once enabled, you’ll see the lyrics on screen
What lyrics have confused you?