Looking Forward: Radio Today in 2017
Funnily enough, we already know the year is set to end with a big news story; Hamish and Andy will finish up their Hit Network drive show before the year closes, paving the way for an as yet unannounced replacement?
Across all networks, contracts will be up for a couple of key talent towards the end of the year – breakfast and drive – so ready yourself for a big announcement or two.
And all eyes will be on the first GfK survey results come 14 March. RT will continue to deliver its signature in-depth analysis of radio ratings, including Group CD interviews.
This year will also be a notable one for RT. As the new owners, we will be evolving our offering for you in many ways throughout 2017. Here’s some insight as to how we plan to do this;
* Further supporting the radio industry and its initiatives in every way we can
* Support and spotlight up and coming new talent, including those behind the scenes
* Offer more exclusive content and break even more stories
* Deliver more value to our newsletter subscribers (join here), including breaking news alerts, subscriber-first articles, and new job listings
* Expand the use of video and audio on the site
* Encourage greater contributions from our readers in the form of guest posts and opinion pieces; please send us your articles!
* Invite more regular feedback from our readers – what do you want to see on RT? Lets us know in the comments section below
* Hear more from the programmers and key decision makers
* Expand our coverage of radio related topics; podcasting, social media, sales promotions, music, charts, streaming, internet radio and so much more
Also, RT will soon publish its annual ‘Top New Talent to Watch in 2017’ list as a subscriber-first article. So make sure you join the newsletter here and read it before it’s published online.
As previously written, Blair finishes up as RT’s editor this Friday. He’s left big shoes to fill.
I welcome your thoughts, ideas, feedback and news tips. You can contact me directly, anytime, at firstname.lastname@example.org. I’d love to hear from you!
In the coming days, we will also unveil a new logo (working sketches above from the Jaden Social creative team) and, in March, to coincide with Survey one results, a fresh new look and feel for RT, with some new features and content partnerships.
From all at RT, Happy New Year. We hope it’s your best one yet.