Perth only market to see growth in January
Commercial Radio advertising revenue for January was down 3.01% to a total of $ 44.008m, compared to this time last year, according to Deloitte figures released today.
- Sydney fell 6.18% to $ 12.844m
- Melbourne fell 0.85% to $ 13.612m
- Brisbane fell 7.02% to $ 6.791m
- Adelaide fell 5.35% to $ 4.179m
- Perth grew 5.56% to $ 6.581m
The Deloitte figures report actual agency and direct revenue for all metropolitan commercial radio stations for the calendar month.
CEO of Commercial Radio Australia, Joan Warner commented…
“The year has begun along a similar trend to last year with advertising revenues patchy among the five metropolitan markets, with some performing better than others, often dependent on local influencing factors.
Radio continues to be a resilient media performer in tough economic times and is competing well in attracting advertising dollars in comparison to other traditional media.”
Advertising revenue for the 7 months of the financial year compared to the same period last year showed a decrease of 2.02% to a total of $ 389.952m…
- Sydney down 1.73% to $ 119.731m
- Melbourne down 2.2% to $ 118.042m
- Brisbane down 5.14% to $ 61.06m
- Adelaide down 2.99% to $ 36.68m
- Perth up 2.19% to $ 54.44m