NZ Radio Awards 2017: ZM Network wins station of the year
The winners of the 2017 New Zealand Radio Awards have been announced at a special awards ceremony at Shed 10.
The Radio Awards Show was presented by Stacey Morrison and Sharyn Casey.
A total of 47 award winners were announced, acknowledging on-air personalities, programming, news and sports, marketing and promotions, creativity and production, sales and community involvement.
The winners of the Premier Awards were:
- Best Music Breakfast Show – Jay-Jay, Dom & Randell, The Edge Network
- Best Music Non-Breakfast Team – Jono & Ben, The Rock Network
- Best Talk Presenter, Breakfast or Drive – Duncan Garner, RadioLIVE Network (pictured)
- Best Talk Presenter, Other – Marcus Lush, Newstalk ZB Network
- Station of the Year, Network – ZM Network
- Station of the Year, Surveyed Market – More FM Canterbury
- Station of the Year, Non Surveyed Market – 1XX Whakatane
- The Blackie Award for “best radio moment in 2016” went to ‘Scotty J Word Insertion’ from Radio HaurakiView the full list of winners here.
Chair of the Radio Industry Awards Committee Jana Rangooni said: “it was wonderful to celebrate the achievements of the finalists and winners but also the wider New Zealand radio industry which is thriving despite so much change in media consumption globally.”