Nights with John Stanley to replace Philip Brady on 3AW
After a multi-decade run and countless survey victories, Nightline with Philip Brady will retire on Thursday (Sep 26).
As speculated by radio insiders and media, Macquarie Media have confirmed that Nights with John Stanley will broadcast from Sydney into Melbourne from September 30.
“Philip is a giant of our industry and for me, it’s a daunting but exciting challenge to move into the space so successfully occupied by Philip, Bruce and Simon over so many years,” said Stanley in a statement sent to media on Monday night. ”
“It’s been a privilege being on 3AW this year from 8pm to 10pm and I’ll be striving to maintain the Nightline tradition of entertaining and engaging radio between 10pm and midnight.
“The late night audience is loyal, interesting and often colourful. I’m looking forward to talking to and hearing from them.’
The 3AW Nightline program and Philip Brady have enjoyed a long and successful run on the station, still commanding 27.9% of the radio audience.
“3AW is family to me,” said Brady “Apart from almost 30 years of Nightline, I was the station’s casual weekend music presenter right through the 1970s so my heart is at 3AW and will continue to be so.
“Thanks to all our loyal listeners, callers and regulars; it has been a fun ride so far and will continue to be so at weekends. Long may our hearts beat together.”
Brady, 80, will continue hosting Remember When with Simon Owens on Sunday nights.