Internal SYN survey stats released
SYN Media have released details of a research study recently conducted by the Swinburne Institute for Social Research.
The key findings show :-
- 97% of people would recommend SYN to others
- Over a quarter of all former SYN volunteers have gone on to work in the media industry, with many working as producers and journalists
- 84% of survey respondents list SYN experience on their curriculum vitae
- 64% rated their SYN experience as either “useful” or “very useful” in gaining paid work
- 68% of survey respondents stated they were “better now than before SYN” when it came to networking with individuals and organisations
- 68% say their digital media abilities are better as a result of SYN
- 53% say they are better at training others
Swinburne Institute of Social Research Associate Professor, Ellie Rennie, says:
"The survey results show that SYN is achieving impressive results for young people, particularly in relation to increased work opportunity in the media industries, but also other life skills."
SYN GM Tahlia Azaria (right) says:
“This survey shows just how important community media and youth-led initiatives are. Aside from providing the opportunity to actually make media, SYN is supporting young people to achieve a range of professional and personal development outcomes which is helping them pursue their interests and forge successful careers."
See more detail from the survey here.