Hit Network announcers go makeup free for May
A group of strong women across the Hit Network are taking part in Makeup Free May.
They’re set to challenge themselves to a day, week or month without wearing makeup in an effort to promote self-love and embrace flaws. They are encouraging listeners to challenge themselves to do the same.
Hit Coffs Coast breakfast host A.B said, “I decided to challenge myself and invite my colleagues to do the same because I cannot remember a time in my adult life that I’ve ever truly liked the way that I look, and hate that more and more girls are growing up feeling the same.”
“By embracing our flaws instead of hiding them, maybe we, along with our listeners, can help redefine the standards of beauty that we set for ourselves and eventually learn to love our uniqueness.”
Stories of listeners and other inspirational women will also be highlighted on Hit throughout the month of May.
Hit individuals taking part include Women from across Australia women indicating their participation include:
- A.B (Annabelle Brett) Hit105.5 Coffs Coast
- Cass Catsoulis Hit102.3 Mid North Coast
- Paris Humphrey Hit100.7 South Queensland
- Rachel Clifford Hit100.3 Mackay & The Whitsundays
- Carly Portch Hit103.5 Far North Queensland
- Gia Moylan Hit105.9 Central West
- Claire Bryant Hit99.7 Riverina MIA
- Herbie (Natalie Herbstreit) Hit91.1 Riverina
- Riley-Rose Harper Hit104.9 The Border
- Zoe Scutter Hit94.3 Gippsland
- Elly Chaney Hit96.9 Goulburn Valley
- Amy Hedges Hit99.5 Sunraysia
The announcers will share their individual journeys at the end of the month. Recounting the highs and lows they faced.