Got a podcast idea? ABC has $1 million in funding to bring your pitch to life
In September, the ABC announced the launch of its one-million-dollar podcast fund aimed at finding up-and-coming Australian podcasters with great Australian stories to tell.
Submissions are now open for funding to work alongside the creative team at ABC Audio Studios to produce these distinctive and compelling podcasts.
To submit your idea, click here.
We are looking for podcasts that:
- Are original, entertaining and something we haven’t heard before
- Use a unique style and format
- Feature different voices talking about diverse topics
- Reflect contemporary Australia
- Appeal to a targeted and niche audience
- Can find passionate followers who will share the word
We are NOT looking for podcasts that:
- Duplicate our current podcast output
- That directly promote a business or commercial activity
- Wednesday 25 Oct – Friday 17 Oct, 2017: Submissions open
- Friday 1 Dec – Friday 15 Dec: Shortlisting, followed by a one-on-one session with ABC Audio Executive Producer.
- Friday 5 Jan, 2018: Deadline for refined pitches to be submitted.
- Friday 19 Jan: Final round pitch selections made and parties notified.
- Monday 29 Jan – Friday, February 9: Direct pitch to Commissioning Panel
- Late February: Announcement of successful podcasts
TIPS & CONTACTS: