Frank Vincent sacked by 2CA board following allegations of harassment
2CA breakfast presenter Frank Vincent has been sacked after a sexual harassment allegation was levelled against him.
Station management took action to remove Vincent, after it received a report from an independent investigator, appointed last year to look into the allegations.
It’s believed a staff member made a formal complaint in early 2017. Radio Canberra has not disclosed the nature of the claims against Vincent, but the board is said to have acted immediately after receiving the report on Monday afternoon.
A statement from Radio Canberra said, “The directors of Radio Canberra Pty Ltd are committed to providing a safe workplace for all staff.
“The directors have determined to review current workplace policies and procedures and to implement training for all staff regarding their workplace rights”.
Vincent, who’d been with 2CA since 2014, has strongly denied the allegations and is believed to be consulting with a lawyer.
As yet, his replacement in the breakfast shift has yet to be announced.