B105’s Christmas Appeal helps the kids
B105's Christmas Appeal has been going for 17 years and has raised $11 million for sick kids.
All this week Labby, Stav & Abby have been live from different locations around Brisbane with today being live from the Royal Children’s Hospital.
The final result – they raised $90,000 more than last year with a total of….
Amazing effort and big congrats to the B105 team.
See some of the pics from the week here
Hear one piece of audio from the appeal, a donation of $25,000 by a young girl and her Dad…
or hear it here
Here's some of the equipment the money B105 raised will help buy :
- 2 x audiometers : (These are used to diagnose and assess hearing loss in infants and children and enable ongoing assessment of children with cochlear implants)
- A Wheelchair to assist children under the age of 6 who need postural support to sit while they are in hospital
- A Vital signs monitor for infectious room which monitors
- 3 X Otoscopes – (which are used in the emergency department to view a child’s auditory canal and inner ear – It’s used if there is an infection, blockage or hearing loss)
- A Knee mobiliser for the physio department provides continuous movement to a child’s knee without the need for a physio being present at all times.
- 5 X single sleeper chairs for the emergency department. (These chairs allow the parents to sleep beside their child in the emergency department overnight – Before these chairs – the parent wouldn’t have been able to remain by their child’s bedside)
- Ultrasound Machine for Renal Failure