April radio revenue up in 4 out of 5 markets
Commercial Radio advertising revenue for April was up 3.44% to a total of $54.385m, compared to this time last year, according to Deloitte figures released today.
- Sydney grew 3.70% to $ 16.608m
- Melbourne grew 3.15% to $ 16.527m
- Brisbane grew 1.41% to $ 8.479m
- Adelaide fell 2.69% to $ 5.205m
- Perth grew 10.83% to $ 7.564m
The Deloitte figures report actual agency and direct revenue for all metropolitan commercial radio stations for the calendar month.
CEO of Commercial Radio Australia, Joan Warner commented…
“Radio revenue has recorded growth for the last three months; however, the latest retail trade figures show there is caution in the market in the current political climate.”
Advertising revenue for the 10 months of the financial year compared to the same period last year showed a decrease of 0.60% to a total of $ 556.333m with Perth the only market to increase over that period…..
- Sydney down 0.75% to $ 169.681m
- Melbourne down 0.36% to $ 168.414m
- Brisbane down 3.84% to $ 87.510m
- Adelaide down 2.16% to $ 52.302m
- Perth up 4.25% to $ 78.424m