60th annual Walkley Awards Finalists
This year marks the 60th annual Walkley Awards and the finalists in the prestigious Awards for Excellence in Journalism have been announced today.
Over 1,400 entries were received from Journalists around the nation, which were judged by more than 100 senior industry representatives.
The winners of the 60h Walkley Awards will be announced at a gala dinner on the Thursday the 3 of December at Crown Palladium in Melbourne. The ceremony will be broadcast live on Sky APAC and streamed on the Walkley website from 7pm.
Radio/Audio News and Current Affairs Journalism
AWARD PARTNER ABC
• Matt Brown and Suzanne Dredge, PM, ABC Radio, “Enslaved by Aussie Jihadis”
• Sarah Dingle, AM, ABC Radio, “IS Recruiters and Muslim Deradicalisation”
• Mark Willacy and Mark Solomons, PM, ABC Radio, “Hopeland”
Radio/Audio Documentary, Feature, Podcast or Special
AWARD PARTNER QUT
• Hagar Cohen, Background Briefing, ABC Radio National, “Left in Harm’s Way”
• Sharon Davis, Earshot, ABC Radio National, “Inside the NSW Drug Court”
• Sarah Dingle, ABC Radio National and The Drum Online, “Radicalisation, deradicalisation and the ‘sweet talkers’ for IS”
You can view all the other media industry finalists here.