VEVO gets big numbers
Following the Sydney launch a fortnight ago, VEVO was launched in Melbourne last night in Federation Square.
MCM CEO Simon Joyce revealed that in the first week since launch, VEVO has reached nearly 2.2 million unique viewers in Australia, and commented on the advertising environment saying;
“90% of all commercials running on VEVO are viewed to completion which is 33% higher than the industry average……it’s a premium environment for an engaged audience – and offers advertisers unrivalled scale and effective targeting.”
VEVO has also announced it’s move into creating original content at a showcase in New York. VEVO has commissioned six new series that will be produced in the US and screened globally:
· Busk or Bust – contestants sing for their supper in a reality show
· Cover Stories – comic, fictional stories behind iconic albums
· Hear Me Out – a dating show where participants' criteria is based on musical taste
· Sound + City – a look various cities' music scenes and what influences them (first six episodes: Nashville, Miami, Brooklyn, San Francisco, Portland (Oregon), Atlanta)
· You Play Like a Girl – a look at young girls pursuing music as a career, hosted by ex-Hole/Motley Crue drummer Sam Maloney
· Strange Island – Flight of the Conchords meets Glee, a new scripted musical comedy series with four aspiring stars looking for a shortcut to fame.
MCM CEO Simon Joyce, Timomatic and MCM Director Michael Gudinski at the Melbourne launch of VEVO