Survey #5 Released: Results Are In
Survey #5 is in. 2GB maintains its dominance in Sydney and there is a new number 2 10+ with smoothfm smashing it and increasing its share once more.
In Melbourne, it’s daylight for 3AW – the clear number 1, the ABC second. Fox has lost share and is now level pegging as equal number 1 FM with Gold 104.3 in the FM battle.
In Brisbane sees Nova1069 maintain the rage – up again #1 and ahead of 97.3 . Hit105 is third and now Triple M fourth.
In Adelaide it sees Mix1023 ripping it up – up nearly two points. FIVEaa second and Nova third..
And Perth Mix94.5 is number 1, Nova second and hit929 in third.
Ahead of our analysis, check the summary pages below:
- 2GB maintain their power position in the Sydney market and have increased their share. Small increase in Breakfast with Morning down a touch. Drive surged 2 points and Night also up.
- smoothfm smashes it again. Up half a point to a 9.6. Lost some ground 25-39’s but where it comes home is 40+. While breakfast is down a touch big increase in all daytime shifts for smooth.
- Not the best round for Nova though. Down over a point 10 plus. All dayparts copped it as well.
- A flat result for KIIS1065 in Sydney. Some drops 18 to 39 didn’t help. Breakfast and Drive down and the days and up a touch. All said and done Kyle and Jackie O still pull the number 1 FM breakfast shift.
- Some good news for WSFM – up this round – a 7.6, the biggest jump of any station. Solid increases 25-54 and great increases in all dayparts.
- 2DayFM down this round 10 plus and some life into Rove & Sam – they will happily take a 0.2 increase. A 4.1 share in Breakfast. 2Day suffered in the demos a little down in 10-24 but an increase in 25-39’s.
- Meanwhile at Triple M a half a point down this round – Breakfast Flat, Drive down – mornings up.
- A solid result for ABC702 – siting nicely in third place now in Sydney, meanwhile triple j drops regains a little bit of ground lost last round – in 18 to 24’s – it still has a 22 plus share thank you!
- How’s that 3AW result – down 0.4 but 14.4 sees it hold the top spot but not recover the ground lost last round. Breakfast had a ripper round… up nearly a point to a 19.8 – daylight between it and any other station.
- On FM in Melbourne we see Fox FM now equal with Gold 104.3, Fox copped a fair canning across all dayparts – starting in breakfast and not stopping. Ground lost also in 25-39s and 40-54s.
- At Triple M down also – while an increase in 25-39’s drops in 40-54’s. Breakfast down over a full point, which continued across the day as well.
- High fives at ARN this morning. They would be happy to see Gold 104.3 equal number 1 in Melbourne – but still such a tight battle. Gold shines across the workday and while up a touch – Breakfast is not setting the world on fire and now sees it level with KIIS.
- Talking KIIS Matt & Meshel had a nice 1.1 increase – a 5.7. Days were general flat with some small gains made but 10 plus KIIS still only pulls just over a five share and not where they want to be by now.
- Some gains for both Nova and smooth – but the standout is smooth a 7.8 puts them number 2 FM overall and ahead of Triple M.
- Nova100 up .6 10+. Nova breakfast up a touch – afternoons and drive best performing this round.
- The ABC takes second place comfortably ten plus – a flat result with 10.5 share. The breakfast results for the ABC are to super strong again – a 14.9 places them second overall.
- Triple j got lost this book – down over a point in Melbourne.
- SEN up a touch with 4.6 slice.
- Nova 106.9 has increased its margin over 97.3 – Nova a 14.4. It also sees the station increase in all dayparts lead by a great jump in breakfast. A 14.8 sees it performing better than station average. The demos also reflect Nova’s dominance in Brisbane
- 97.3 had an increase to a 12.1 – It places it second in the space. Breakfast and Mornings are up – Drive is down.
- Over at sister station 4KQ a solid 9.0 puts them just behind Triple M – the quiet achiever for the AM brand. They own 55-64’s in the market.
- The ABC can still lay claim being the dominate news and talk station in Brisbane – but not the best results for them – down a full point to an 8.5 they are behind 4KQ now. Spencer also losing some more ground in breakfast.
- Triple J a flat round an 8.2 – copped it in 18 to 24’s but gained in 25-39’s
- Strong results for hit105 – third overall ten plus. Some good increases in the demos under 39 overall. Breakfast and Drive up.
- For Triple M – fairly good round. All dayshifts are up and some gains in the demos that matter to them,
- 4BC cycles between 4.5 and 5.0 – this round a 4.6. Some ground recovered in 40-54’s, the upper end 64 plus also increased. Strongest performer was Ray Hadley.
- No Magic with 882 – another flat result – a 2.8 share
- Bang – how’s that for Mix 102.3 – up to 14.5 share. Cast you eye over any demo and it is up.
- Mix also smashes it in breakfast – 2.1 surge see them control 14.7% of the market – above station average. A little tighter in Drive but still number 1 just.
- An 11.3 sees FIVAaa in second place an increasing margin ahead of the ABC ten plus.
- Something’s adrift with Nova91.9 – still third but shaving nearly two off. Hit or Triple M within striking distance. Nova took a big dip 18 to 39.
- Triple M is placed fourth in the market – with some good gains in the demos. Strong results for Breakfast and Drive.
- A flat result for hit107 but some nice gains in Breakfast. Drive was a little of the mark though this round.
- In breakfast ABC891, still leads the market overall with a 16.3 share – overall they are placed third.
- Cruise Adelaide is again a quiet achiever. Up a touch now to 8.2 share. All dayparts are up with Mornings the standout, pull a 9.
- Survey #5 again sees Mix94.5 at the top and also gaining almost a full point. Mix commands while down to 1.4, it still places them clear of Nova.
- While not enough punch to take out Nova in Breakfast, Mix dropped half a point, Other dayparts flat or down a touch.
- Nova Perth take another win in breakfast for Nathan, Nat and Shaun. Overall though a flat round for Nova.
- A flat result for hit929 in Perth, still placing them third in the market.
- For 96FM down a touch ten plus. In the demos a bit of mixed bag again, 25-39’s up, 40-54’s down.
- ABC720 had a slide down this round with Breakfast taking another slight dip – still third in the market.
- 6PR had flat results –a 7.8 share but behind the ABC. The station is up in the 40-64 stakes as well.
- 6IX made some ground for this book .
- triple j meanwhile secured a 10.2 in the city – a 30.2 share in 18 to 24’s is what the commercial brands would kill for.