OzPod 2016: Australian Podcast Conference – Full Schedule
Friday September 30th is International Podcast Day and all things pod will be celebrated at OzPod 2016: the Australian Podcast Conference – and their full schedule has been released.
Held in the Eugene Goossens Auditorium at ABC Ultimo Sydney, it’ll be a day for the podcast, media, advertising and broadcast industries to escape the studio or office and meet with peers to discuss all the things that matter in the podcast world – distribution, recording, marketing, collaborating, revenue, talent development and delivery.
The Schedule Includes:
- Dan Box, crime reporter for The Australian and creator of the Bowraville podcast, will joinAlicia Sometimes, from the Outer Sanctum podcast and Monique Bowley of the Mamamia Podcast Network to talk about the art of storytelling in podcasts.
- Rob Loewenthal, founder of Whooshkaa, will discuss the technology and platforms that will dominate the future of podcasting.
- We will also ask radio stations and other media companies how podcasting is changing their strategic approach, with a panel featuring Jaime Chaux of Southern Cross Austereo, Holly Wainwright from Mamamia and James Manning of Mediaweek.
- Meshel Laurie stand up comedian, writer and broadcaster will join Kayte Murphy (aka Mrs Woog of Woogsworld) to talk about humour in podcasting with writer and performerZoe Norton-Lodge.
- Keynote speaker Nick Quah, a global leader in podcast analysis and content commentary through Hot Pod, will now present via Skype due to personal circumstances which prevent him travelling to Australia.
In addition, OzPod will feature a variety of high-profile ABC broadcasters and podcasters including RN’s Patricia Karvelas and Natasha Mitchell, triple j’s Kyran Wheatley, and the creators of one of Australia’s most popular podcasts, Conversations – Richard Fidler and his producer Pam O’Brien – who will speak to the Wheeler Centre’s Jon Tjhia.
“The insight and expertise that these industry leaders will offer will be invaluable to the future narrative of Australian podcasting” said Linda Bracken, ABC Radio’s Head of Content & Digital. “We look forward to a day confronting the big issues and sharing b
HOW TO GET TICKETS:
Registrations close 5pm Monday 29 August. The OzPod 2016: the Australian Podcast Conference.event is free, but places are strictly limited. You can register f by completing our registration form HERE.