CRA call for less regulation on radio
Commercial Radio Australia’s Board of Directors has been re-elected at today’s AGM held in Brisbane.
Southern Cross Austereo CEO, Rhys Holleran, was re-elected as the Chair of CRA, after replacing DMG Radio chief executive officer, Cathy O’Connor in 2012.
Following the meeting, Commercial Radio Australia CEO, Joan Warner said: “The CRA Board is united in its view that regulation on commercial radio in this country must be reviewed and reduced in an increasingly competitive media and communications environment”
“Traditional media, and in particular commercial radio, is operating in an increasingly complex and convergent media and communications environment, often with one hand tied behind its back in a regulatory sense. We compete for advertising dollars on a daily basis with newer platforms that are largely unregulated in relation to either content or advertising. It is time we had a level playing field.”
The re elected CRA Board is:
- Rhys Holleran, chief executive officer of Southern Cross Austereo, elected as Chairman of Commercial Radio Australia.
- Grant Cameron, Director of Grant Broadcasting, elected as Vice-Chairman Regional.
CRA Board Members are:
- Kevin Blyton – Managing Director, Capital Radio Network
- Greg Cupitt – Super Radio Network
- Geraint Davies – Chief Operating Officer, Australian Radio Network (ARN)
- Ciaran Davis – Chief Executive Officer, Australian Radio Network
- Guy Dobson – Chief Content Officer, Southern Cross Austereo
- Adam Lang – Chief Executive Officer, Fairfax Radio Network
- Rob Loewenthal – Managing Director, Macquarie Radio Network (MRN)
- Cathy O’Connor – Chief Executive Officer, DMG Radio
- Sean Ryan – General Manager, Nova 106.9, DMG Radio