The Chaser’s Chris Taylor and Andrew Hansen to host ACRAs
Chris Taylor and Andrew Hansen, best known as members of the comedy group The Chaser, will host the 29th annual Australian Commercial Radio Awards (ACRAs) in Melbourne, for the second year running.
The satirical comedy stars are the first to host radio’s night of nights for the second time, with previous hosts including Shane Jacobson, Sharon Osborne & Merrick Watts, Kelsey Grammer & Amanda Keller, Charlie Pickering and Stephen Curry.
Chris and Andrew have worked in radio throughout their careers and were part of the full Chaser team that made their radio debut on Triple M with The Friday Chaser in 2003.
The team has produced over 15 radio and TV shows and in May this year returned to Triple M Sydney for a 12-week stint hosting the Radio Chaser show.
“We’re thrilled to be returning as the MCs of the ACRAs,’ said Chris and Andrew in perfect unison, reading notes written by the organisers. It is the premiere radio industry event. Now stop reading and smile for the cameras.”
This year’s ACRAs will feature a top line-up of Australian performers. Sheppard, the Australian indie pop band with the worldwide successful song “Geronimo”, will open the show.
Ricki-Lee Coulter will perform her new single “Not too Late”. Plus, Caitlyn Shadbolt whose debut single “Maps Out the Window” hit number one on the Country iTunes chart, will perform in front of the commercial radio industry at the 29th annual awards.
The ACRAs recognise excellence in radio broadcasting across news, talk, sport, music and entertainment.
Joining Chris and Andrew on stage to present awards:
- Carrie Bickmore & Tommy Little – Hit Network
- Kate, Tim & Marty – Nova Entertainment (Kate Ritchie, Tim Blackwell & Marty Sheargold)
- Jonesy & Amanda – WSFM (Brendan Jones & Amanda Keller)
- Fifi, Fev & Byron – Hit Network (Fifi Box, Brendan Fevola & Byron Cooke)
- Hughesy & Kate – KIIS (Dave Hughes & Kate Langbroek)
- Mel Doyle, Richard Wilkins, Cameron Daddo – Smooth FM
- Em Rusciano – 2Day FM
- Ben Fordham – 2GB
- Neil Mitchell – 3AW
- Smallzy – Nova Entertainment (Kent Small)
- Mike E & Emma – The Edge (Michael Etheridge & Emma Chow)
- Bree & Gawndy – hit101.3 Sea FM (Brianna Tomasel & Daniel Gawned)
- Dylan Lewis & Shane Lowe – Nova 919
- Michelle Payne – Melbourne Cup winning jockey will present the sports awards.
Commercial Radio Australia chief executive officer, Joan Warner said: “The ACRAs is the highlight of the year for the radio industry and we look forward to having Chris and Andrew host the event again in Melbourne.
“With all the political goings-on around the world, they’ve got plenty of material to work with, and I’m sure they’ll have a few surprises up their sleeves. It is fantastic to be able to feature some of our wonderful Australian talent at the ACRAs and we look forward to some great entertainment.”
More than 1,000 guests will attend the black-tie affair, at the Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre on Saturday, October 14.