Apple to launch 24/7 Global Radio Station: “We’re Beats 1 and we’re always on”
On June 30 Apple launches its first Global 24/7 radio station Beats 1, playing nonstop music from London, LA and New York.
Beats 1 will broadcast live and will be curated and programmed by a “team of experts” headed up by former BBC Radio 1 presenter Zane Lowe. Zane will also host the 9am to 11am show from LA.
“It’s real music fans running this place. Building real radio shows what will blow you mind. “We’re Beats 1 and we’re always on”, said Zane.
The global station is Siri activated and on command can play whatever you want, “Play the Top 10 songs of 1993”, play the “Top Ten songs of Dance”.
It will be available in over 100 countries to help listeners discover new artists. “No matter where you are, you can hear the same programming as every other listener,” Apple says.
Apple launched Beats 1 at their Worldwide Developers conference in San Francisco overnight and we are to firm up what pricing will be here in Australia and New Zealand.
- One app on your iOS device. Android and Windows Apps to follow
- Stream music anytime and on demand.
- Interactive content with Artist pages and news.
- Apple Connect – a new platform to connect fans with artists. It’s also aimed at new and unsigned artists.
- MyMusic which is the music purchasing side.
- Playlists based on the music you listen to.
Thanks to our partners Radio Today UK for the audio.