AFTRS & YouTube partner for Pop-Up Space
YouTube and AFTRS will again collaborate on a four-day Pop-Up Space from Friday with special guests Kast Away, Cyrus, Dan Sultan and more.
Videos that were developed at last year’s Pop-Up Space have been viewed more than 10 million times.
YouTube Spaces are for collaboration, creation and connection, where YouTube creators learn to polish their skills, have the opportunity to make new relationships and produce content.
The YouTube Pop-Up Space at AFTRS will offer:
- the opportunity to produce high quality content with higher-end sets, equipment and crews;
- trainings on production fundamentals and strategies used by the most successful YouTube creators, hands-on workshops to improve a presence across Google and YouTube; and
- opportunities to meet and collaborate with other members of the YouTube community, industry and media.
- YouTube Pop-Up Space @ AFTRS also highlights the diversity of Australian content creators, with a wide range of screen creatives invited to participate in workshops and seminars, including one geared towards female creators.
- a Business Accelerator workshop where creators will learn foundational business skills and network with top creators to build collaboration opportunities.
“Collaborating with YouTube on their Pop-Up space in Sydney is an incredible opportunity for AFTRS students, alumni and the broader industry to get insight into and experience of creating successful content and building audiences for YouTube,” said AFTRS CEO, Neil Peplow.
“Akey to future success for Australian filmmakers will be their ability to work globally in a world of burgeoning platforms and production methodologies.”
“We are excited to once again collaborate with AFTRS to bring the YouTube Pop-up Space back to Sydney. This year’s edition highlights the diversity of Australian musicians and content creators, with a wide range of creators invited to celebrate the breadth of talent across Australia,” said Mark Butterworth, Music partnerships manager, YouTube.
“We hope to inspire Australia’s next generation of creators to learn, connect, and create by giving them access to fantastic studios, best in class technology and industry experts.”