9 Things Your Sales Manager Should Tell You
By Stephen Pead
Sales managers can only control two things: The activities of their salespeople and themselves.
Given that situation has your sales manager explained what she believes are the key activities you should do to ensure your future success?
To help, I’ve put together a list and notice that making your budget or target isn’t on it?
1. If you train yourself to be better at what you do, I’ll support you with additional “one on one” coaching.
2. Learn everything you can about your medium, your competitors and the business of media advertising. Come to me for extra information.
3. Focus on uncovering the real needs of your prospects and clients – then if you need to I’ll help you to do it.
4. Make one more new business call EVERY day!
5. Before you present anything practice and rehearse it. I’d be happy to critique you.
6. Ask great questions – questions no one else asks, questions about business challenges and opportunities. Let me know if you want some feedback to prepare those questions.
7. Build sensational, unbreakable relationships – I’ll guide you.
8. Understand the difference between price and value and find ways to differentiate yourself from “the others” by explaining the difference. Do you want help doing this?
9. Set yourself realistic and “stretch” goals, share them with a friend or mentor and regularly review or update them. Let me know if you want assistance in creating them.
If your sales manager hasn’t had time to go through a list similar to mine maybe you might like to share it with him?
About the author: Stephen Pead is a media industry veteran of 30 years with significant experience in sales, sales management and general management. He is based in Sydney and specialises in providing high performance media sales training for salespeople and sales managers via his company Sales Solutions www.yoursalessolutions.com.au