TOP NEW TALENT FOR 2018: 10 Questions with Mitchell Tinley and Michael Ross
Radio Today has named Mitchell Tinley and Michael Ross as Top New Talent to Watch in 2018 and beyond.
There’s some things you can plan for, and other things can only be left up to fate.
Mitchell and Michael started their show at Murdoch University, “after being picked last to form a group in class… luckily our names sounded good together,” the pair joked with Radio Today. And the rest, as they say, is history.
After trying to sell their show to the FM networks, the fresh faces were given a shot at Perth’s hit92.9, bouncing around various timeslots until they landed on Sunday nights. They were offered the opportunity to host their first breakfast show in Mount Gambier on Limestone Coast hit96.1 at the end of 2017, and jumped at the chance. Their organic friendship translates seamlessly to on-air breaks, and their style of storytelling is perfect for the start of the day.
Mitchell & Michael took part in their own challenge of trying not to spill a cup of coffee while taking part in a DCA – Drift Challenge Australia practice run. find out how it went below…
Posted by hit96.1 Limestone Coast on Saturday, 17 February 2018
Below, Mitchell and Michael answer Ten Questions from Radio Today.
- Who/what inspired you to choose a career in radio?
- Most memorable on-air moment so far?
- What was the most awkward moment you had in your early years of radio?
- What’s one radio skill that you’ve mastered, and what’s one radio skill that you’re currently working on?
- How do you prepare for your shift on-air?
- How does the person you are on air differ from the person you are off air?
- What’s the one piece of advice you were given that you can pass along?
- Sum up working in radio in three words.
Coming up next.
- What’s your dream radio job?
- If you weren’t working in radio, what would you be doing?