Survey #1: Hobart
It’s Hobarts first survey since 2014, where on the commercial side it’s SCA’s two brands Hit100.9 and Heart 107.3, against Grant Broadcasters 7HO FM but it is the ABC that again dominated the market. But by how much?
- While losing over three points from their 2014 result, 936 ABC Hobart maintains the lead with a 20.8% slice.
- Next we see SCA’s hit100.9 surge close to five points to take out the top Commercial FM mantle from 7HOFM – for Hit an 18.2 ten plus.
- 7HO FM who took out the 2014 round on the Commerical side, is up to 16.3 but not enough to take out Hit – 7HO FM secured a 16.3 ten plus.
- SCA stablemate Heart 107.3 also is up a full two points to a 13.9 ten plus.
- Hit100.9 comes home in trumps for anyone under 39. 40 plus it is tighter battle between 7HO and Heart – but Grants have enough of a lead to claim victory in 40-54’s. Heart closed in and the ABC lost heaps in that demo.
- 55-64’s and 65 plus see’s the ABC dominate the space.
- The ABC takes out Breakfast ten plus with 22.6 slice.
- Next in Hit100.9 who killed it, a close to 7 point increase and now 19% – the ABC in striking distance.
- 7HO FM is also up over 1 point with 15.1 with Heart a 13.
- Drive is all Hit100.9 with 7HO pulling into second place.
Hobart is one of 25 radio surveys to be undertaken across regional Australia this year by Xtra Insights, this round had a 1200 person sample. Surveys results for Bunbury and Bendigo will be among those to be released before the end of the year.
Click to Enlarge: