Survey #1: Central Queensland
Ratings for Central Queensland, which takes in Rockampton and Gladstone are out.
The market is served by Four commerical brands – SCA’s Hot FM and Sea FM and heritage AM brands from Grant Broadcasters 4RO and 4CC .
The market serves a population of 154,000 aged 10+ and this is first ratings in the market since 2001.
The survey was conducted by Xtra Insights and is one of 25 radio ratings surveys to be conducted across regional Australia this year to raise awareness of the value of regional radio. Survey results for Hobart and Mildura will be among those to be released in the next two months.
- The FM brands not surprisingly dominate the space.
- Hot FM leads with a 28.8 slice
- Sea FM follows with a 24.4
- The Local ABC offering secures third with even 14.
- 4RO is up next with a 5.8 based in Rockhampton and 4CC centred in Gladstone a 4.6
- Under 40’s is all Hot FM, 40-54 is Sea’s with the ABC serving the upper bigtime 55-64.
- Breakfast is Hot FM, then Sea and the ABC
Click to Enlarge