NZ Radio Awards a great success
The New Zealand Radio Awards have just finished with the awards spread across the groups, and around the country.
The awards were hosted by NZME’s Andrew Mulligan (Radio Sport Breakfast) and Mediaworks Bryce Casey (The Rock Breakfast), who did a fantastic job of keeping the gags flowing and the awards moving.
Some of the big winners were:
- Newstalk ZB’s Mike Hosking who won the Best Talk Presenter award, and the Sir Paul Holmes Broadcaster of the Year award.
- Leon Wratt won Content Director of the Year for his work on The Edge.
- Station of the year was The Edge.
- Best Music Breakfast Show was ‘Si & Gary’ from More FM.
- Best Music ‘non-breakfast’ Show was ‘Jono & Ben’ from The Rock Drive.
You can see the full list of winners here.
Managing Director of NZME Radio, Dean Buchanan commented: “Radio is the fastest changing medium, making it dynamic, fun, exciting, challenging and multi-faceted. This gives us great flexibility to continue to grow our content and commercial offerings. The awards NZME have received are the result of hard work and indicate we are definitely on the right track with our strategy.”
MediaWorks Radio CEO Wendy Palmer says: “I’m unbelievably proud of all our winners and finalists. We’re just so fortunate to have such great talent. It’s their work that underpins the record breaking commercial success of the past year”
See the MediaWorks release here.