Traffic Manager 2CH, Digital Channels
About the Role.
As our Traffic Manager, you will essentially direct and schedule the station’s commercial content.
You will report to General Sales Manager and work shoulder-to-shoulder with our Operations Manager, Administration Sales Co Ordinator, 2CH Direct and SCA Agency Sales Teams, as well as other internal stakeholders, finance, marketing, sponsorship, promotions, events, publicity and programming and external stakeholders.
What is the Job?
– This job entails scheduling the commercials and any other content to go in the commercial breaks.
– You will also be responsible for the generation of reports and information required by the sales department, accounts and operations.
– On a daily basis, you will work with production companies and advertising agencies to ensure timely delivery of all commercial material required for scheduling.
– The traffic Department is responsible for processing the sales orders and arranging the daily production of the advert play out schedules.
– Our Traffic Manager will need to possess outstanding attention to detail and the ability to assess and prioritise all the incoming information, telephone calls and requests in order to meet broadcasting deadlines.
– You will be responsible to communicate to our sales teams’ advertisements pre schedule times and pre-empt any potential issues.
– The extraction and delivery of the audio for commercials/ promos/live reads and interviews to the sales and marketing team is essential.
– You will have outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
During busy periods the constant adding and changing of orders makes for a dynamic fast paced environment. The department has all the normal administrative functions common to any office.
Audio due for broadcast can come from a range of sources such as internally or from external production companies. The traffic manager is responsible for checking this content meets quality standards, complies with legal and station requirements and that it is correctly reported within the terms of the station’s music license.
A juggling act is required to balance the needs of the advertising clients and the programming department which ultimately will satisfy the listening audience.
You will also be required to support the Sales Manager and office team with administration duties and train “a backup” person for this role.
Salary will be negotiated and commensurate with the role offered.
The role will be based at Belrose in Sydney’s north.
Please send your cover letter and resume by clicking ‘Apply Now’
Applications close Wednesday 1st May 2019