Social Media and Content Manager
Sony Music Entertainment Australia is home to the world’s biggest and brightest local and international artists and we are looking for a talented Social Media and Content Manager to join our passionate team in the Sydney office.
In this role, The Social Media & Content Manager will be responsible for developing and implementing social media and content strategies that aim to grow, engage, activate, and monetise target audiences, across a roster of assigned Sony Music artists, as well as Sony Music’s own social channels and databases.
This person will act as a strategic partner to the artist marketing manager, working as part of the core artist working group to contribute to the overall artist marketing strategy by leveraging social media and content to identify, engage, and acquire fans.
You will report to the Senior Director, Audience Development & Digital Communications.
If this sounds like you, please apply with your CV and cover letter by this Monday, 29 March.
• Delivering end-to-end social media and content strategies, based on the core objectives and audience goals of the campaign.
• Lead and participate in creative ideation sessions for our artists.
• Work closely with the Senior Digital & Audience Development Manager to build social and content strategies to support CRM efforts.
• Conceptualise, brief, and optimise social and content creative campaigns for our artists.
• Build and maintain direct relationships with artists and managers (as well as third party
social media agencies & partners to our artists) to develop and create content.
• Develop and execute influencer marketing opportunities and engagements for their artists,
working with our agency support to execute.
• Initiate, brief and manage the creation and production of relevant artist social content.
• Plan, monitor, and appraise results by tracking metrics on audiences and content throughout the life of a campaign.
• Proactively provide campaign analysis and interpretation of relevant data and insights to the stakeholder group, and make recommendations for mid-campaign and future campaign optimisations.
• Host artist social on boarding sessions for your artists, educating and empowering them with social media platforms to grow and engage their audiences, as well as identifying other opportunities to keep artists up-to-date with current social media trends and opportunities.
• Partner with other business functions to provide creative social & content-led recommendations (such as for brand and commercial partnerships/pitches).
• 3-5 years of direct social media & content experience.
• An expert understanding of how each social media channel works and how to plan content so that it is engaging to relevant target audiences on those channels.
• An expert storyteller with a solid understanding of how to deliver narratives through digital
• A great aptitude for self-learning and ability to stay on top of (and gain expertise in)
emerging social media channels, new features, trends, and market movements.
• Excellent communication, attention to detail, and interpersonal skills.
• Excellent ability to multitask and problem solving.
• Advanced skills in MS Office suite.
• Advanced photoshop/Canva/content creation skills.
• Passion and love of music and the music industry.
• Experience formulating and delivering social media & content strategies for musicians and/or entertainment products will be considered a plus.
As an active part of a culturally and socially diverse society, Sony Music’s aim is that our workforce is diverse and inclusive. Sony Music is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity.
We employ, retain, promote and otherwise treat all employees and job applicants according to their merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We apply this policy without regard to any individual’s sex, race, religion, origin, age, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition or disability.