SBS Learn English Digital Producer (Social)
At SBS, we embrace difference and we welcome applications from people of all backgrounds.
We also acknowledge the unique contribution that Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples make to our society and our workplace through their enduring and continued connection to land, sea, sky and community.
SBS is one of the world’s most unique and innovative media organisations, producing trusted, meaningful and engaging content that exists for all Australians to inspire, support and celebrate the diversity of our multicultural society.
Our purpose, for the last 40 years, has reflected and explored the evolving diversity of Australia, investing in initiatives to deepen its connections with communities, sharing their stories and giving a voice to those often unheard, with the aim of increasing understanding and respect of the differences that make up Australia.
SBS is a truly distinctive network, showcasing multicultural, multilingual and First Nations stories otherwise untold in the Australian media.
Our Audio and Language Content (ALC) division is the heartbeat of SBS. Delivering SBS Charter-focused and community relevant news, current affairs, information, entertainment and music, our services are available on radio, online, via digital television and social media, as well as offering a variety of podcasts. Servicing 60+ languages, SBS Radio and audio services are dedicated to the nearly five million Australians who speak a language other than English at home, as well as NITV Radio that celebrates the unique storytelling of First Nations Peoples.
SBS Learn English is an exciting new project that helps English language learners in Australia improve their language skills. In this role you’ll have the chance to:
- Shape the social media strategy and flex your creative content making muscles.
- Create a new social community from scratch. You’ll make social content to inspire and motivate language learners and look for innovate ways to repurpose our online content to suit the relevant platforms. We understand that social is a two-way street, so you also need to be comfortable managing a community and moderating content to ensure that we maintain a positive space. There will also be opportunities to contribute to a variety of different digital content outputs including audio and video.
Reporting into the Program Manager of Learn English you’ll work in a small energetic team that will value your input and give you the space to be innovative. Plus, you’ll get to liaise with a wide range of SBS Audio & Language Content digital teams, as well as producers in News and Current Affairs and SBS TV & Online Content.
Learning English is an important skill that helps migrants live well in Australia. This is a unique chance for you to make a difference in people’s lives, actively engaging with our audience and advocating for them in all our content decisions.
It is a requirement of this role that incumbents are vaccinated with at least two doses of an approved COVID-19 vaccination. We do however have a medical exemption process and we would be happy to discuss your application should this be applicable to you.
- You love making digital content for social media and have demonstrated experience with running social media channels.
- You can turnaround content quickly and are resourceful using relevant content creation tools and staying on top of social media trends.
- You have demonstrated experience with community management on social channels.
- You have demonstrated ability in analysing metrics related to engagement and reach, understanding of how to grow and engage audiences on social media, and advanced knowledge of SEO.
- You have a good knowledge of English language learning requirements for people wanting to visit, study or work in Australia or other English language countries.
- You enjoy working in a busy little production team, working collaboratively sharing ideas and of course working to those all-important timelines!
- You are looking to work flexibly in this part time 3 days/week (flexible hours) – 5-month contract opportunity.
For more information on this role, please refer to the attached job description, or contact Janine Googan ([email protected]) for further queries.
Some of the reasons to consider working with us
- The people! We truly celebrate and welcome difference at SBS and encourage everyone to bring their whole self to work â you’ll be part of one of the most inclusive companies in Australia!
- The culture and the engagement of our workforce! 93% of our employees have stated that they are proud to work for SBS!
- We offer a range of benefits; from flexible work arrangements, health checks, salary packaging, an employee assistance program and for our Sydney based employees, free gym membership and parking (subject to availability).
- We’re agile and innovative in the way we work, as well as being a trusted and established brand. At SBS we have been broadcasting for over 40 years and our future is packed with many more exciting developments!
- We also love to promote from within! We have allocated training funds to do just that and help bridge the gaps when moving from role to role.
Want to learn more? Then hit apply and take the first step to applying not just for another job but a possible whole new career in a purpose led organisation!
Not quite the right role for you? No problem, how about popping your details into our talent pool? Email us at [email protected] to let us know what roles would be of interest to you and we will keep you informed of when they arise! (If you no longer want to be listed in our talent pool, then just email to let us know and we will remove your detail).
For other opportunities within our organisation please visit our careers website SBS Careers – Working at SBS
SBS recognises that everyone is unique, and you might require some adjustments to ensure you have the best opportunity to apply and put your skills forward for consideration. If we can make some adjustments to the SBS recruitment/interview process to better enable you to shine, then please contact [email protected] and let us know.
Adjustments may include but are not limited to; alternative application methods, interview setups, physical requirements, guidance for trans or gender diverse applicants, specific interview availability times and more.
We are shortlisting applications as they come in, so don’t delay apply today!