Share your voice. Make quality connections. Shape the future of audio.
As part of ARN, the recognised leader in audio in Australia, you have an opportunity to share your voice on the future of audio. Audio is booming and we are defining it. We are entertainers. We create moments that move people, and that people move to. We are investing in audio’s smartest advertising, experts, and innovations. This gives us unparalleled understanding of our audience and the content that moves them and helps us form quality connections with our customers. It’s our commitment to creating moments that move people that makes us memorable.
We’re shaping the future of audio – our success as the leader in the Australian radio landscape means we can complement our great radio people with others whose skills will help us dominate the digital audio landscape of the future, just as we have the radio landscape of today.
We have the best people and the best future. Why not come along and be part of our story?
Key role outputs include:
• Responsible for all revenue generated locally by your team. This also includes
responsibility for interstate (national) bookings generated locally by your sales teams.
• Accountability of weekly forecasting, monthly business reviews and quarterly planning.
• Establish professional relationships with clients and other business leaders in the
• Maintain regular contact with Key accounts.
• Implement both Local and National initiatives as directed by the National Sales Director
/ Chief Commercial Officer or their designate.
• Coaching and development of sales staff.
• Complete quarterly and annual appraisals of sales staff.
• Design, develop and implement with the National Sales Director / Chief Commercial
Officer appropriate revenue generating tactics for your market and sales team.
• Ensure that strategies, initiatives, and tactics are effectively communicated to your
management and sales teams.
• Expand the opportunities for Digital Audio revenue streams.
• As a Sales Director you have a responsibility that all sales staff understand and
implement the correct ARN policies, and procedures.
The successful candidate will have:
• Excellent Communication and organisational Skills
• Negotiation, influencing and interpersonal Skills
• Motivation and passion about success
• Team leadership skills
• Exceptional project and time management skills
• Ability to work under pressure in a deadline driven environment
• Strong Communication skills
• Sound Media Knowledge & Networks
• Ability to lead, coach, motivate and manage high performing media sales teams
• A minimum 5 years’ experience in a media sales leadership role with a successful track record.
We have four behaviours that make up our “Culture in Action” which describe how we act every day to create a great place to work:
• Aim High – We set big goals and work together to achieve them.
• Own It – We take personal responsibility for our actions and have a solutions mindset.
• Be Your Best Self – We create the environment we need to thrive.
• Make a Difference – We look for every opportunity to improve and we seek out diverse
perspectives to help us achieve that.
Bring your skills, genius, and energy along on our journey, please press the APPLY button and upload your cover letter and resume by close of business 16 December.
ARN is a HT&E company. For more details, head to www.arn.com.au and connect with us via Twitter (@ausradionetwork) and LinkedIn (LinkedIn /australianradionetwork) EEO Statement. ARN is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
For individuals with disabilities that need additional assistance at any point in the application and interview process, please contact the People & Culture team at the relevant state office: https://www.arn.com.au/contact-us/