Nova 96.9 Sydney Operations Manager
NOVA Entertainment is Australia’s leading independent audio entertainment business, creating unforgettable experiences loved and shared by our listeners. Whoever you are, and however you like to listen – we’re for you. Our mission is to create and share great experiences with our audience.
No two days at work will be the same at NOVA Entertainment. Our fun and dynamic environment means our employees are constantly surrounded with unique experiences as well as inspirational and influential people.
About the Position
We are looking for a kick arse passionate person to fill one of the most important programming roles in the Nova network. The position, Nova 96.9 Operations Manager is responsible for the on-air form guiding, operations, technical overview for all the major shows on the network.
Work with Fitzy & Wippa, DC, Smallzy, Kate Tim and Joel and the whole nova line-up to achieve the best possible on-air product.
You will be responsible for the daily functions of the radio station, so you’ll need superb attention to detail and great communication skills, the operations manager is the liaison between relevant departments including programming, promotions and sales to ensure a quality broadcast.
As Nova 96.9 Operations Manager you will:
- Oversee and be accountable for the operations of Nova 96.9 and the Nova network where appropriate
- Be the station champion for Zetta, G-Selector and other on-air and programming software as well as training and advising Staff on software use
- Manage the linking/form guiding for Nova 96.9 and relevant network programs
- Be the liaison between production and promotions to ensure client credits are logged and correct
- Manage station promo schedules to ensure client commitments are met
- Work closely with Programming and Production teams in Sydney and around the network to ensure that communication between the stations is seamless
- Work proactively with the Program Director and product team to achieve and deliver station marketing and programming goals
- Be available on call for relevant after-hours issues
- Be a ‘go to’ for team members as a source of knowledge and experience
- Regularly monitors Station / Brands and all other FM/ Digital stations in the market
- Other Ad Hoc Projects and duties (including On Air shifts) as required by Program Director
- You’re familiar with high end radio automation systems (Zetta, G-Selector).
- Exceptional attention to detail, organizational and time management skills
- Ability to effectively manage various stakeholder expectations at all levels
- Have a love, passion and deep knowledge of music
- Have strong interpersonal skills to work well within a team, and show dedication to the Nova 96.9 brand and product
- You’ve got proven experience with a variety of off-air duties that you’ll use in the day to day operations of Nova 96.9.
Experiences & Qualifications
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role at a capital city station
- A sound knowledge of Zetta & G-Selector
- A proven passion for broadcast radio and a zest to learn more in programming
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
Nova Entertainment is committed to inviting people of all walks of life to work with us and grow their careers in their own unique way. All Nova Entertainment locations are allies of the LGBTIQ+ community and are proud to be registered with the Welcome Here initiative. Click here or read more about life at Nova here. #FollowTheRainbow
Life at Nova
- Workplace flexibility (hybrid working model) to support a work-life balance.
- Additional leave days: Anniversary & Loyalty leave, Give back Leave, Mental Wellbeing days.
- Access to Learning and Development programs & internal opportunities.
- Access to health and wellbeing initiatives (Nova’s Life+ & Employee Assistance Program, mental health training programs).
- Frequent staff lunches, survey celebrations & an in-house bar!
- Plus, a whole lot more!
To learn more about life at NOVA Entertainment and apply for this role, please visit http://www.novaentertainment.com.au/